Monday, July 24, 2006

My Memo

I could not write blog because I'm busy to prepare XTC2006. Also, I became unable to check software which I have to check. Some important and interesting software for me have been released.

Geist3D

http://www.geist3d.org/
This is script driven graphics engine which has interesting GUI tool. I'm surprised that such engines have been developed by open source. In proprietary middleware, a engine which has GUI from the first, is not uncommon. Many middleware is developed with the design of GUI tools. But, in open source software, a GUI tool is an option. Many engines are requested to implement functions as graphics engines. But, if a engine is used by end users, it's important that a engine is designed for tools from the first. Also, important things of XOOPS Cube are not API for programmers but rules for RAD tools.

OGRE3D 1.2.2

http://www.ogre3d.org/
I have never checked OGRE since 1.2.0. And, I have never read the forum in OGRE since last month. I might not be able to check these posts until next month. I want to contribute reports to OGRE through test. (But, I have to complete XOOPS Cube before OGRE)

I should add these task to my GTD.

No comments: