Friday, May 5, 2006

Yamaguchi 100 HAGI-O-KAN MARANIC

I took part in the strange competition with my family. It's one of the most famous maranic (marathon + picnic) in Japan that is called "Yamaguchi 100 HAGI-O-KAN MARANIC". There are courses of 250 km, 140 km, 70 km and 35 km for running & walking. I walked 35km after an absence of six years. Six years ago, I ran 35 km and got hurt. Our reason selected walking was that my mother has been sick and I couldn't practice enough.

The time-record of 35 km walking isn't recorded. Therefore, we enjoyed walking & running. My father runs 70 km every year, and I wish to run 70 km next year with him.

In case of maranic, runners have to run in a mountain. Which do you like better, maranic or city-marathon? I'd like maranic because I can pass in the nature. HAGI-O-KAN MARANIC was selected as No.1 competition by marathon magazine "Runners". See the following views:

PICT0018

Most of runners starts from Rurikoji (Template) Five-storied Pagoda.



HAGI-O-KAN is an old stone road that is opened up in 1604 by samurais. It's difficult for running, but beautiful.



That's Japan's classic views. Townsmen are impressed by the ambience.

No comments: